Thursday 28 February 2013

The big build up to my big debut at Glasgow Comedy Festival

I cannot believe it, I'm finally getting to do something I've wanted to do for a very long time - My own wee show at The Glasgow Comedy Festival http://www.glasgowcomedyfestival.com/, It really is one of those 'dream come true' moments for me.

I don't cope well with pressure normally but then again I've never really experienced this type of pressure.... It's the type of pressure that excites you and motivates you - as opposed to the type of pressure that squeezes the hell out of you. I have written, rehearsed and performed my show in one form or another a few times  but I'm now feeling very confident that what we now have is THE ONE.

During the process of learning my craft as a performer I've had to do a great deal of digging.... digging into my thoughts and my past, digging into my reserves , my energy and even my pockets (or, as it is at the moment - my broo money) but its been brilliant. I've learnt that the safest place in the world for me is the stage ! I often feel fear and anxiety in certain situations yet I can stand up, sing, jump about and perform without fear. I don't analyse this I just bloody do it and enjoy it.

My show An Evening With Rosie Kane was born out of blethering about a pile of life events that can, at times, be a tad unusual. The final cut ,as it stands, includes my incredibly talented big brother, Tam McGarvey, and several of his musical instruments. It's great having Tam with me on stage and makes the whole thing a bit like a wee family party although I'd say we're more like The Carpenters on crack.

So as the nerves and the excitement begin and the rehearsals start in ernest this coming Monday I'm really looking forward to getting in front of my audience and sharing my show and if I see smiles and hear laughter and maybe even a wee tear as the nostalgia kicks in.... well, I'll be the happiest wee eejit on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment